Thursday, October 27, 2005

Sneakers

It is cooler this morning. LIttle holes where squirrels are digging for nuts. I don't get it. There are tons of them lying on the ground waiting to be scarfed up. Maybe nuts like Kimchi taste better if buried.

[Ed. Cocerted effort to include URL:http://www.marimari.com/content/korea/best_of/kimchi/kimchi.html ]

I sent out a feeler for ancient history. I found a site about a small place that once existed in Asheville. No big deal. As I said, ancient history. And then I learned that a guy I met a couple of times back then is now dead. Life and death have a habit of sneaking up on us. The ultimate sneakers I guess.

It's not like he was a great friend. Someone I met. One night I listened to some music at his place. Dylan as I recall. WE talked about a couple of odd things, I was there at the invite of his brother. Funny. After all of these years I ask what's become of him across the net and te reply is "he is no more."

Sneakers stink sometimes.

G