Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I'm tired

I'm not young. Hell if I was I'd be yelling at the top of my lungs. I'm not that old but as far as I know I'm not as selfish and hateful as some of those my age and older.

I'm so tired of being called a "liberal" with the tone that says "dumb shit" while pretending that the word "conservative" is some grand answer.

Let's see:

I care about other people and even then not as much as some of my friends. That makes me a liberal?

I care about the environment and certainly not as much as a few of my friends. That makes me a liberal?

I don't think that I have a corner on God and his grand design nor do I think the world is my oyster for the taking. Does that make me a liberal?

I think that I have a "right" to question anything my government does without being labeled "un-american." Does that make me a liberal?

I don't feel so insecure with my sexuality that I have to denigrate others for their choices. Does that make me a liberal?

I don't have a dislike of another person because of the color of their skin, their practice of religion, or their gender. Does that make me a liberal?

Am I a liberal? I wish.

G