Monday, March 13, 2006

Pile on

It would be so easy to "pile on" President Bush. There are a few things I sure would have done differently.

Of course, there are folks who "pile on" any one that "piles on" the President. Maybe it's just my old age perspective but it seems to me that we really are a divided country and maybe a divided world. We're not happy in life unless we think we're better than somebody else.

This AM good old Pat Robertson who is supposed to be a cousin of mine was quoted as saying that some muslims are guided by demonic forces. He's upset because they want to take over the world. Odd isn't it? Fundamentalist muslims want to convert everybody and so they're trying to take over the world. Seems to me that some fundamentalist Christians might have the same idea. Is that the pot calling the kettle black.

Just this rant is saying I've got my stuff together than somebody else.

We all see shades of gray. We all look at things from a relative perspective. I just try to catch myself when I express my hatred of those folks I don't understand.

I learned hitchiking the Asheville area in the late sixties that there are a lot of vehicles on the road. Some folks stop to give you a ride and a lot of folks don't. If you try to hate everyone who doesn't stop then you'll forget to hold your thumb out.

G