Friday, June 09, 2006

Rust

Rust-iron oxide- slow fire

When iron is exposed to moisture it begins to rust. It's science. It's a chemical reaction.

I have to laugh.

There are people who don't like a lot of change in their lives. They rail against it. Rails rust. Some people prefer to castigate others hoping they will go away. The next time there is a hurricane perhaps they can stand in the path and blow hard against the wind.

Some people puff themselves up like a blowfish. The other day one came up to me and t6old me he was a conservative. I asked him who he voted for in the last Presidential election.

He told me. I mentioned that that man and his "conservative" friends have outspent the recent liberals. He got flustered. I didn't even have a chance to ask him if he declined to take payments from Social Security and Medicare. I'll bet he even takes his mortgage payments as a deduction on his taxes. I wonder if he has a vacation home on the beach with Federal flood insurance? Conservative my ass.

He's a pile of rust. An iron man who is all wet.

G