Monday, November 27, 2006

Beware the gnomes

Last week I lookede up into the trees. Except for a couple of white oaks and one scarlet oak most of the leaves were down. So why do I get the yard clean and before I'm finished there are so many leaves. Gnomes! That's right. I'm convinced that gnomes grab leaves from the surrounding woods (and a few of my piles) and the scurry up the trees when I'm not looking and drop the leaves.

Of course, one of my neighbors does sort of the same thing. He thinks that if he blows his leaves into the street they magically will disappear. Fool! THe darn northwest wind drives his crap into my yard. Got him back today though. I hooked up two hundred feet of heavy electric cord and took the blower out on a mission. Gave him his leaves back.

I also finished burying about thirty feet of 1.5 inch PVC pipe under ground. Tied it into my sump pump on one end and into a drain line that goes through the yard. I'm getting older. I don't remember all the aches and pains when I used to do similar tasks a couple of years ago.

And to top things off I'm exploring the idea of a blog just for folks who are intested in model railroading that is focused on Southern Railway. I think I'm a glutton for punishment, but we all knew that already.

G