Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Where is Monk Ki

I was fascinated by a PBS show about Joseph Turner last night. I've always liked his paintings but I learned a bit more about the man and his craft. I like to know more. I wanted to get my hands in paint. I wanted dark colors and gold under my fingernails. And then this morning I was astounded by someone crafting a locomotive almost half the size of the ones I craft in brass. To top it off I got an email from an old friend. Life doesn't get much better.

I was "reminded" that I have a site. I felt guilty for a nano second knowing I hadn't posted here recently. When I opened the site I was chagrined that I've been missing in action almost a month. I need to correct this. I need to correct it right now.

Monk Ki stands in the cold water. His feet are cold and so are his knees. He feels the mud squish between his toes as he shuffles them along the bottom. The golden fish stay clear of his shifting legs. One or two dart and nip at the hair on his legs.

"Monk Ki! What do you think you are doing?" Master Ho Ha calls out his voice resonating like an old temple bell.

"Cleaning the pond."

"Look at the water. Do you call that clean?" Master Ho Ha snorts.

Monk Ki looks down and the water is cloudy with mud. "It will settle."

"Stand still."

Monk Ki froze.

"Be mindful. You are not an earthquake. There is no need to stir up a tsunami! Move slow. Your purpose it to clean the pond and leave the mud on the bottom."

"Listen to the water."

Monk Ki listened to the water. " I don't hear anything."

"Exactly!" Master Ho Ha turned and walked away.