Monday, August 27, 2007

Trying to get back in the saddle again. I'm probably one of a minority of folks associated with this blog who've even seen this movie. That is no boast. It is no confession. It's just a fact. It might say a little bit about my viewing tastes. I don't think thee was ever a Gene Autry movie with a complex plot or deep meaning. There certainly was no artistic message. Good guys. Bad guys. Bad guys act bad. Good guys punish them. And there is of course a woman in the picture who rides off into the sunset with the good guy.

Eat your popcorn and enjoy the air-conditioning.

I'm trying to get back in the saddle again. I've been attempting to wedge myself back into the novel I've been writing. For the past several weeks its been down in the compost pile just mouldering on its own. Maybe I've got my roles reversed. Maybe I've been down in the compost pile. No wonder I smell something!

But this morning I cracked the time capsule and started re-examining the synopsis, the characters and several of the chapters. I even feel a bit of comfort as I read what I've written. I'm ignoring the obvious problems right now. I'm just trying to get comfortable again.

git er done. (once more)