Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Yellow brick roads

Captain Beefheart. Now he is a blast from the past. I was listening to his song about the yellow brick road this morning. It still puzzles me.

We don’t have any yellow brick roads around here. Vogler talks about yellow brick roads. You know me. I follow things in a meandering manner.

Novels are about characters. They are about fictional characters. Are we fictional characters? If you are a fictional character, who are you? Are you following a yellow brick road? Can we re-write the plot of the novel that we are un-witting characters in?

Is the author in control? So much for free will.

Philosophers. Philosophy. Yeah, right. As if that is an answer. Aren’t philosophers just characters. Maybe they are shape changers. I have to grin at that thought. I’m not sure I’ve ever met one who is a mentor. Another grin.

So I ask you: what is your journey?

Mine?

I’m sorry, I don’t have to answer that question. This is my blog.

g