Sunday, May 01, 2005

Buster Rank's Lost Cow

"It's hard to lose a cow." That's what Buster Ranks told this reporter.

Buster Rank's cow went missing Tuesday night. He figured that maybe it went across the mountain looking for some new grass. It wouldn't be the first time she'd wandered off in search of greener pastures.

"Hell, last time I saw her she was headed in the direction of the university. But she ain't enrolled in any of the courses."

Buster could not give a good description of the cow other than, "Well, she looks like a cow. Don't need no fine artist to know what a cow looks like."

There were no distinguishing marks unless you count the tail. "I need a brush down at the mailbox. I was painting the post with white wash. She happened to be convenient. Dipped the tail in the bucket and painted. Worked for me. Hell she couldn't see it so what the heck."

I asked if the cow had a name. "Sure she has a name but it's not like you can go out and call her and she'll magically appear. "I call her Regine. I know. Odd name but then it's always been my philosophy to make naming cows a fine art. What the heck."

Anyone spotting a cow not answering to the name of "Regine" with a white tail should give Buster a call.